OK it worked... we had some significant QRM
Please note the vertical lines on the side of Ed's signal... that is somebody's switching power supply from Plasma TV at or near of my QTH.
Here you see Ed's pretty strong signal on the computer screen. Free DV interface.
Conclusion at this stage:
- The signal needs to be reasonably strong.
- Static crashes do "upset" the decoding.
- It is quite resilient to man made interference (QRM)
- It is quite sensitive in a way of audio settings (in and out) of the encoder/decoder are set on the computer sound card.
- It is sensitive to netting - the TX and RX frequencies most likely need to be very close.
- It is "good fun" to test something so very new.