Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The folding antenna by DL1ELU

I had some spare time to finish assembly of my new toy (mind you - the last two weeks I had at least two new toys).  Christian DL1ELU sold me his design of folding HexBeam antenna.  I liked the simplicity of the design and the ease of use.  I love my Traffie HexBeam on my roof which works very well and I also love my SpiderBeam for portable operations.  The spiderbeam is superb antenna, but takes lots of time and effort to erect and dismantle.
The design of Christian's Hex "should" make it all easy.


 Unpacked from the cardboard.
 All assembled on a garden table
 Putting some RF in
Ready to travel.

5 comments:

  1. See my article about it on https://dl4oce.wordpress.com/2012/07/22/folding-hex-beam-von-dl1elu/ (English version available)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could not find English version here https://dl4oce.wordpress.com/2012/07/22/folding-hex-beam-von-dl1elu/

    73, Igor UA9CDC

    ReplyDelete
  3. DANKE TNX FOR GREAT ANTENNA.WE USE IT LAST WEEK AS 4X429DS IN DEAD SEA.WE MAKE 4000 QSOS FROM THE TOTAL 16000 QSOS FROM THIS ANTENNA
    AWDH DE DOV 4Z4DX / 9N7DX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done guys. But you did not turn it VK way. I've tried to work you.
      73
      Patrick VK2PN

      Delete
  4. DANKE TNX FOR GREAT ANTENNA.WE USE IT LAST WEEK AS 4X429DS IN DEAD SEA.WE MAKE 4000 QSOS FROM THE TOTAL 16000 QSOS FROM THIS ANTENNA
    AWDH DE DOV 4Z4DX / 9N7DX

    ReplyDelete

The results of the Commonwealth contest were published.

  As I member of the team Australia 2, I was quite pleased with the result.