Sunday, March 22, 2015

John Moyle contest and my personal disaster.

Last weekend was the Commonwealth contest, known as BERU and Heidi gave me "full rights" and I think I've done OK in that.

This weekend it was Heidi's weekend and we were at North Avoca with friends and I was "allowed" to operate only the "small radio" ie QRP portable.  About two years ago I operated from Innamincka with the same setup (radio and antenna).




The antenna was the trusty G5RV and after two contacts I was sure "this will be OK" and tried to rearrange the work area and then accidentally dropped the small led gel battery off the table and on my toe.  The battery and the radio survived, but the cabling got destroyed.  End of the contest.


1 comment:

  1. Ah, so its not just me with that kind of luck, then! An unexpected difficulty with a lightweight radio, I guess. Give me an old boat anchor, any time. Harrrr!

    ReplyDelete

The results of the Commonwealth contest were published.

  As I member of the team Australia 2, I was quite pleased with the result.