Sunday, October 30, 2016

CQ WW SSB 2016

I'm not a great fan of SSB.  However I try to participate if nothing else to give out some numbers to the keen competitors.  This most famous contest weekend I had only few hours available between social engagements I could not miss.  Saturday we had to go to a party for colleagues I used to work for 28 years (you don't miss opportunity like that) and Sunday my goddaughter had her birthday (and you can't miss opportunity like that).

So I had circa four hours at the radio.


        Band     QSOs     Pts  ZN   Cty  Pt/Q
           7         1             3    1        1   3.0
          14      10           19    8        8   1.9
          21     141        389   13      12   2.8
       Total     152       411   22      21   2.7

            Score : 17,673

The conditions were less than optimal, after all we are on declining curve of the sunspot cycle.  Some stations were very strong at times in my QTH.  But most were S3 to S7. Good enough for communication.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The results of the Commonwealth contest were published.

  As I member of the team Australia 2, I was quite pleased with the result.