Sunday, March 1, 2020

The VP8PJ DX expedition to South Orkneys is just about to pack up and go home.

I've been neglecting  this blog lately.
I had lots of things to do in the new house.  It will take longer before I can declare that all is done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The boys at South Orknes are just about to pack up and go home.  I think that it was very successful expedition, however not much for us here in VK.



I consider myself lucky to work them only once on 30 m.  For me it was ATN.


My friend Barry VK2BJ was luckier.




On the other hand Luke VK3HJ did rather well:





I had the privilege to meet two members of the expedition two years ago at Fridirchshafen fair in Germany.



Gene is on the left, Les in the middle and the ugly one on the right is me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The results of the Commonwealth contest were published.

  As I member of the team Australia 2, I was quite pleased with the result.