Wednesday, July 18, 2012

"Funny" propagation today



Today is Wednesday 18th July 2012 and about a day after the big flare passed the earth.

Yesterday and day before the DX was nonexistent.  Today in the afternoon I've heard few US stations with good strength.  Normally about this time the propagation to US is gone.

After that I ventured to 18.080 and called CQ... got two answers but no way I could copy them.

Then I had QSYed to 30 m and worked KH7Y 599 both ways.  Fred was also earlier on 20 getting QSOs from stations I could not hear.

The whole afternoon was devoid of EU stations who would normally be in great numbers during their early morning.

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/rt_plots/Kp.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment

The results of the Commonwealth contest were published.

  As I member of the team Australia 2, I was quite pleased with the result.