Monday, September 24, 2012

The power of QRP

On the way from Melbourne Heidi and I overnighted on our favourite spot: Marumbidgee river near Bookham.  Great camping area.

I was for the first time in 10 days be able to participate in the morning nets.  After the 0800 net the boys QSYed to 7045 to hear me better (thanks guys) and at the end I was able to hear a station calling me. It was Owen VK2OL who is currently in the central Australia with Tim VK2BT.





Horst and I were asked to go to 20 m (14130) and the contact was very solid.  We had a good time talking bout our prospective holidays. 

I was running 100 W (IC 7000) into Terlin Outbacker.

Heidi and I had to pack the camper so I've fired the FT-817 in the car just to listen them talking.  What was my surprise that when Owen asked me a question and I called... he could copy me rather well with my 5 watts and Outbacker antenna.  Later we could hear each other on 17 m (18130) while I was already driving.

Amazing stuff... don't you think??

No comments:

Post a Comment

The results of the Commonwealth contest were published.

  As I member of the team Australia 2, I was quite pleased with the result.