Sunday, July 14, 2013

IARU HF Championship

This last weekend was the IARU HF Championship contest.  I found myself with some free time (Heidi was in Melbourne therefore no Heidi QRM).

I was looking forward to some excitement on the HF bands and joined the CW section.  All was fine and the bands were kind to me and others except the ten meters band, which was very quiet.

Picture below is showing 10 kHz portion of 20 m band.  Plenty of strong signals there.



The same bans little later


After about 10 hours of operation Mr. Murphy interfered again.  Something happened to the antenna/coax system and the SWR become high.  Had lot of RF in the shack and that affected the USB ports and my Winkeyer.  Had to stop in the middle of great fun.


The results:
       Band      QSOs      Pts      ITU     HQ
             7        48       218       10       2
            14      231    1111       15      9
            21      128     560        15     15
           28         15      73           4       0
       Total     422    1962        44     26


            Score : 137,340 







If only I could operate another 10 hours.. I'd get acceptable score... Ah.. well ... next time.






BTW some stations were giving the CQ zone numbers...   I wonder if it will affect the scoring???



No comments:

Post a Comment

The results of the Commonwealth contest were published.

  As I member of the team Australia 2, I was quite pleased with the result.