Sunday, February 17, 2013

The ARRL DX CW contest.

I was looking forward to this contest... Wanted something exciting to do this weekend.  So far it is very disappointing...  almost boring...

The rate of QSOs is very slow for me..  I'm sitting in the shack having the auto CQ on and not much is coming back.

Saturday afternoon I went to the kitchen to make a strong coffee in a hope to "hot things up" a little and when I've returned I felt insulted that nobody stole my CQ frequency...

Later in the evening on 40 m the action started and the rate went up... Unfortunately my G5RV decided to "throw wobbly".  The SWR started to jump up and down and the amplifier was cutting out.  Something very bad happened on the roof and I had to stop TX on 40 m....  Grrrr

In meantime Heidi went to the movies...  I guess I should go for a swim... the beach is very close.

My Contest summary:

        ARRL Section : DX
        Club/Team : VK Contest Club
         Software : N1MM Logger V13.1.3

        Band    QSOs    Pts  Sec
           7      94     282   34
          14     164     489   39
          21     163     486   42
          28       7      21    4
       Total     428    1278  119


            Score : 152,082
              Rig : Elecraft K3 SPE 1k-FA

         Antennas : HexBeam + Dipole

The setup:





Boring:



No comments:

Post a Comment

The results of the Commonwealth contest were published.

  As I member of the team Australia 2, I was quite pleased with the result.